Duration : 2 hours
Cost: $0.00 inc. GST.
"Danielle is fantastic. She has an amazing technical grasp on her subject matter. But it doesn't stop there. Danielle is a visionary. She sees the trends, embraces them and creatively adapts them for continued best practice. Best of all, she is a true sharer. She is always kind, always thinks of others, and is a constant encouragement to everyone. Danielle epitomises everything that is great about our digital society."View this testimonial on LinkedIn"
View testimonials for this course
Download the course outline
There are currently no workshops scheduled for this course.
Take this course in-house
Our Financial Modelling in Excel LinkedIn Group is now over 40,000 members! Founded and moderated by Plum Solutions since 2009, the group contains hundreds of relevant and informative posts and discussions by financial modellers all over the world.
It's always nice to network face-to-face as well, and as a spin-off from this group, we are planning regular meetups for this group in key locations this year. You may also be eligible to claim Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points for attending these sessions. Here are the scheduled dates and locations:
2017 Upcoming Dates
- New York, Wed 22nd Feb 2017 "Using Power BI Desktop as a Solution"
- Sydney, Tues 28th Feb 2017 "Get and Transform Your Data Using Power Query for Excel" - Matt Allington
- Athens, Wed 9th Mar 2017 "Financial Modeling Best Practices | Business Analytics with Microsoft Power BI"
- Perth, Thurs 10th March 2017 "Demystifying Microsoft Power BI" - Wyn Hopkins
- Melbourne, Tues 21st Mar 2017 "Modular Financial Modelling" - Michael Hutchens
- Sydney, Tues 28th Mar 2017 "Collaborative Financial Modelling with Modular Content Management in Excel" - Michael Hutchens
- Brisbane, check schedule
- London, check schedule
- Amsterdam, check schedule
- Johannesburg, scheck schedule
Past 2016 Dates & Topics
- Amsterdam, Thurs 21st Jan 2016 "Meet Willem Gerritsen, Modeloff silver medallist!"
- New York, Mon 25th Jan 2016, "Mitigating Model Risk" - Debra Johnson
- London, Wed 27th Jan 2016, First Modelling Drinks of 2016
- Sydney, Tues 2nd Feb 2016 "The Bankers Perspective: Modelling for Capital Raising" - Matthew Costello (see photos of this event) (view the presentation)
- Perth, Mon 15th February 2016 "Data Visualisation and Presentation for Financial Modellers" - Danielle Stein Fairhurst (see photos of this event)
- Brisbane, Mon 22nd Feb 2016 "Excel Array Formulas - Not so scary after all!" - Dan Mayoh (see photos of this event)
- Amsterdam, Mon 22nd Feb 2016 "Financial Modelling Drinks"
- New York, Wed 24th Feb 2016, "Accounting for Modelling" - John S Tjia
- Melbourne, Wed 2nd Mar 2016 "Five Ways to Speed up the Excel Model-Building Process with Macros & VBA" - Marcelo Mendonca (see photos of this event) (view the presentation)
- London, Wed 10th Mar 2016 Modelling Drinks
- Sydney, Tues 15th Mar 2016 "EQ for the High IQ: Emotional Intelligence for Financial Modellers" - Joseph Porteus (see photos of this event)
- Amsterdam, Mon 21st Mar 2016 "TPD Drinks and Speaker"
- New York, Wed 30th Mar 2016 "Visualisation, Excel Dashboards"
- Delhi, Sun 3rd Apr 2016 "Start up Meetup"
- Brisbane, Tues 19th Apr 2016 "Precision & Accuracy in Big Data Modelling: Traffic Planning using Power Pivot" - Chris Schuck
- Amsterdam, Mon 25th Apr 2016 "Can you fix my model?"
- London, Tues 26th Apr 2016 Modelling Drinks
- New York, Tues 26th Apr 2016 "Guest Speaker: Microsoft’s New Power BI"
- Amsterdam, Mon 23rd May 2016 "Increase the speed and reproducibility of your analytic work with KNIME" - Douwe Krooshof
- Sydney, Tues 24th May 2016 "Company Valuation – a Guide for the Curious & Confused" - Mark Ostryn (see photos of this event)
- Brisbane, Thurs 26th May 2016 "Understanding Incremental Cash Flows and Sunk Costs" - Eris O'Brien
- New York, Thurs 26th May 2016 "Visual Analytics - From 4 weeks to 4 clicks"
- Melbourne, Tues 31st May 2016 "How Financial Modelling can help you make a Step Change in your Career" - Lance Rubin (see photos of this event) (View the presentation here)
- London, Thurs 9th Jun 2016 Modelling Drinks
- Amsterdam, Mon 20th Jun 2016 Financial Modellers Drinks
- Sydney, Tues 21st Jun 2016 "Where are we going and are we there yet? Creating a Roadmap for Financial Models" - Jennifer Harrison (see photos of this event) (View the presentation here)
- Brisbane, Wed 6th July 2016 "Integrating Relational Databases and Excel" - Dr Stephen Gay
- London, Tues 19th Jul 2016 Modelling Drinks
- Sydney, Wed 20th Jul 2016 "Progressing from “Excel Spreadsheeting" to "C-Level Modelling Guru”" - Dick Lam
- New York, Wed, 3rd Aug 2016 Summer Meet and Greet
- Johannesburg, Tues 16th Aug 2016 Financial Modelling Meetup
- Melbourne, Wed 17th Aug 2016 "The Quest for Best Practice - Introduction to the FAST Modelling Standard" - David Taylor (see photos of this event)
- New York, Tues 23rd Aug 2016 "Insane Formulas"
- Sydney, Wed 24th Aug 2016 Modelling with the User in Mind. The FAST standard - Want it? Or Need it? Errol Stevenson
- Amsterdam, Mon 29th Aug 2016 What's new in Excel 2016? (webinar)
- Amsterdam, Mon 19th Sep 2016 "Learn & talk about PowerPivots (with an MVP)!" - Henk Blootman (MVP)
- Melbourne, Mon 19th Sep 2016 "Panel Discussion: Financial Modelling and Business Analysis" - Bernice Takla
- London, Tues 20th Sep 2016 Modelloff Meetup - London 2016
- Brisbane, Mon 26th Sep 2016 "Turning up the Heat with Excel Dashboards" - Marcus Small (see photos of this event) (View the presentation here)
- Sydney, Wed 5th Oct 2016 "What Modellers can learn from Computer Programming" - Les Gordon (see photos of this event)
- Perth, Thurs 20th Oct 2016 "Paradigm Shift in Organisational Financial Modelling" - Damien Beng
- London, Tues 25th Oct 2016 Modelling Drinks
- New York, Wed 26th Oct 2016 Financial Modelling Meetup
- Sydney, Thurs 3rd Nov 2016 "The Myth of Modelling “Best Practices” and the Secret Reality of “Bad Practices”" - Ian Bennett
- Melbourne, Tues 8th Nov 2016 "Mashups in Power Query" - Mike Honey
- Johannesburg, Tues 15th Nov 2016 Financial Modelling Meetup
- Brisbane, Tues 22nd Nov 2016 "Financial Modelling for New Accounting Standards" - David Hardidge
- New York, Wed 30th Nov 2016 Guest Speaker from S&P Global: How to Work Faster and Smarter
- Sydney, Tues 6th Dec 2016 "Building an Activity-Based Costing System in Power BI" - Grant Paisley
- London, Thurs 8th Dec 2016 Modelling Drinks with John Persico
- London, 15th April 2015 (see photos of this event)
- Sydney, Thurs 7th May 2015 (see photos of this event)
- Brisbane, Thurs 28th May 2015 (see photos of this event)
- Melbourne, Thurs 21st May 2015 (see photos of this event)
- Perth, Tues 16th Jun 2015 (Join the group here)
- London, Wed 15th July 2015 (Join the group here)
- Brisbane, Tues 22nd Sept 2015 "Data Visualisation & Presentation for Financial Modellers" (see photos of this event) (view the presentation)
- Sydney, Tues 27th Oct 2015 "What is Modern Excel and what can it do for me?" - Matt Allington (see photos of this event) (Watch the Video)
- Amsterdam, 27th October 2105 (Join the group here)
- Melbourne, Mon 9th Nov 2015 "How to make Excel run as fast as Usain Bolt!" - Jonathan Power (see photos of this event) (Watch the Video)
- London, Wed 11th Nov 2015 (Join the group here)
- Brisbane, Tues 24th Nov 2015 (see photos of this event)
- New York, Tues 1st Dec 2015 (Join the group here)
- Sydney, Mon 14th Dec 2015 "Xmas Drinks: Art & Perception in Financial Modelling" - Stuart Parry (Watch the Video)
The meetups vary from location to location in terms of size, cost (if any) and venue. Please click on the links above for more information and to RSVP to the Meetup. Even if you are unable to make that date, then still join the group and you'll be advised of upcoming meetups in your area. If you can't make any of these dates, or there is a not a meetup scheduled in your area, then please register your interest below so that we can let you know of other dates and locations. If we receive enough interest in starting a meetup group, dates will be confirmed and a venue advised.
Can't see your area listed above? Positions are open for organisers in other areas, so if you are interested in hosting or organising a meetup near you, then please let us know and we'd love to help you organise and promote it.