Plum Solutions training courses in financial modelling, budgeting and analysis are aimed at business professionals seeking to improve their analytical skill set using Microsoft Excel. Several courses are run regularly in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane, using the latest technology and top class venues in the CBD.
Covering theory and practice, an expert financial modeller will show you how to build your own best practice financial models, budgets, forecasts and analytical reports. You will learn to collect, analyse and disseminate data using the most efficient and accurate Excel modelling techniques.
- Budgeting and Forecasting in Excel (1 day, Intermediate) - a practical course which covers using budgets to measure staff performance, linking budgets to the strategic planning process and a comparison of budgeting techniques. We explore the difference between budgets and forecasts, and you will learn how to create your own budget, rolling forecast, variance report and budget scenarios in Excel. More information
- Data Analysis and Dashboard Reporting (1 day, Intermediate) - Discover how to "tame" your data and make it work for you! With the huge amount of data available to us every day, a well-built and designed dashboard reports is one of the best ways to interpret and communicate large quantities of information. Learn how to synthesise information into a logical framework, summarise it into a meaningful format, and then display the summary into easy-to-read tables and graphs. More information
Financial Modelling Series
- Introduction to Financial Modelling (1 day, Basic) - for those new to Financial Modelling, this course will introduce the fundamentals and concepts of building a financial model using Excel. This is a practical course in which you will develop the skills to build your own financial model which can be taken away for future reference. More information This course is available online Revised version now available!
- Financial Modelling in Excel (1 day, Intermediate) - a hands-on course designed for business professionals who need to explore the practical usage of advanced Excel functions in a financial model. By creating your own user-friendly financial model, you will learn to translate business concepts into a structured format to identify weaknesses and predict future performance. More information This course is available as public workshop, and also available online
- Advanced Financial Modelling in Excel (1 day, Advanced) - Build on your existing modelling skills and apply new techniques to better analyse financial data, predict revenues and cost and assess risks to justify business decisions in the most time-efficient and effective way. More information This course is available as public workshop, and also available online
- World Class Power BI, Power Pivot and Power Query Training (2 days, Intermediate) A remarkable simplicity underlies the amazing power of Power Pivot. In fact, the most useful capabilities are conveniently the most learnable. This training focuses on that set – the things anyone can learn AND retain in a short period of time, while simultaneously building a confident foundation for future learning. More information
Essential Excel Series
Essential Excel for Finance (1 day, Intermediate) - Specifically designed for business professionals who need to take their Excel skills to the next level, this intensive full day course focusses on the technical Excel skills required in everyday Excel modelling. This very practical course covers everything you need to perform your job and nothing you don’t! More information
Essential Excel for Business Administration (1 day, Basic / Intermediate) - Specifically designed for administration professionals who need to take their Excel skills to the next level, this intensive full day course focusses on the technical Excel skills required in everyday Administration roles. This very practical course covers everything you need to perform your job and nothing you don’t! More information
- Essential Excel Upgrade (short, optional pre-course) - Use this training opportunity to upgrade to the new version of Excel as well as learn new skills. Add this optional pre-course to the beginning of any other in-house course. More information
Got several participants and want to run one of these courses in-house?
Try our in-house training!